About your e-mail alias
We have set up an e-mail alias for everyone who has an @williamury.com e-mail account, allowing you to also receive e-mail sent to your name @thirdside.org. Below is information on how this works.
Accessing Google Services
- You have an email address and mail groups at both @williamury.com and @thirdside.org.
- All messages arrive in your @williamury.com mailbox.
- You can reply to messages from either @williamury.com or @thirdside.org addresses.
- Accessing other Google services:
- Google Calendar invites and sharing invites are sent only from your @williamury.com address.
- You’ll sign in to your G Suite account with the @williamury.com address.
- You can create documents and files only with your @williamury.com address.
- People can share files with either your @williamury.com or your @thirdside.org address.
Send messages from your @thirdside.org address from a browser
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- Click the Accounts and Import or Accounts tab.
- In the “Send mail as” section, click Add another email address.
- Enter your name and your new address @thirdside.org.
- Make sure the checkbox “Treat as an alias” is selected.
- Click Next Step and follow the confirmation steps.
Now when you’re in Gmail, you can choose which address to send from.
Send messages from your @thirdside.org address from Mac Mail
- In the Mail app on your Mac, choose Mail > Preferences, then click Accounts.
- Select an account, then click Account Information.
- Click the Email Address pop-up menu, choose Edit Email Addresses, add the alias by clicking the Add button , then enter your name @thirdside.org
- In the Mail app on your Mac, move the pointer over the From field in a message you’re writing.
- Click the pop-up menu that appears, then choose an email alias.
Send messages from your @thirdside.org address from your iPhone or iPad
You must set up your Gmail account in iOS Mail as an IMAP account, not as a “real” Google account. When you use the Gmail IMAP server settings, you lose some of the functionality of a Google account, including calendars and contact lists. However, you gain access to send-as aliases, which Gmail prohibits on the iOS Mail app.
How to Configure a Google Alias in iOS Mail
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts, then tap your IMAP-enabled Google account.
In the IMAP Account Information section, tap the arrow next to the email address.
Add you @thirdside.org alias here.
When you’re finished, tap Account to return to the previous screen, then select Done.
Your new address is now ready to use.
How to Use a Gmail Account Alias
When you compose a new email after you’ve added the alias, tap the From address in the message window to create separate lines for the Cc, Bcc, and From addresses. Tap the default From address again to display all enrolled email addresses. Choose your preferred address so that Mail will send the message with that address, using the account credentials associated with it.