Getting Past No: Negotiating in Difficult Situations
Everyone wants to get to Yes, but what happens when someone keeps saying No to you? How can you negotiate successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate customer, or a deceitful coworker?
In Getting Past No, William Ury offers a proven breakthrough process for turning adversaries into negotiating partners. With state-of-the-art negotiation and mediation strategies designed for the twenty-first century, Getting Past No will help you deal with challenging times, difficult people, and tough negotiations.
In Getting Past No, you’ll learn how to:
- stay in control under pressure
- defuse anger and hostility
- find out what the other side really wants
- use power to bring the other side back to the table
- reach agreements that satisfy both sides’ needs
- counter “dirty tricks”
- get what you want
Find this book in your language and country
An interview with William Ury on Getting Past No