The Power of a Positive No: Save the Deal Save the Relationship – and Still Say No
No is perhaps the most important and powerful word in language.
Every day we find ourselves in situations where we need to say No—to people at home, at work, and in our communities. No is the word we use to protect ourselves and to stand up for everything and everyone that matter to us.
But the wrong No can also destroy what we most value by alienating and angering people. The secret to saying No without destroying relationships lies in the art of the “Positive No,” a simple, proven three-step technique that anyone can learn.
Based on William Ury’s Harvard University course for managers and professionals, The Power of a Positive No provides concrete strategies and practical examples for saying No in virtually any situation.
In The Power of a Positive No, you’ll learn how to:
- assert and defend your key interests
- make your No firm and strong
- resist the other side’s aggression and manipulation
- say No clearly, respectfully, and effectively to anyone
- get to not just any Yes, but the right Yes